George Dixon’s funeral service took place at St Augustine’s Church, Edgbaston, in January 1898.
There was then a procession to the graveyard at Witton Cemetery.
George Dixon’s tombstone is a simple affair, shared with his wife Mary, who died 13 years before him. To the right is the single tombstone of his elder sister Mary, who died just months before him.
There are no other tombstones near these two, standing isolated and overshadowed by the M6.